Families dynamics have changed so much, especially in Canada. We don’t just leave home to get married, sometime we are coming to a new home as we have such a large population who have chose to come and live in the amazing place. So multiple wedding receptions can be necessary. Here are a few tips to start planning to include family from all over and childhood friends, past co-workers, who will want to show you their love at this amazing time your life.
- Pick where the receptions will be and how many.
- Pick dates far in advance
- Give yourself lots of time for relaxation and time with friends outside of the official events.
- If you are having a desitination wedding, plan the reception soon after your arrival as it can also be a welcome home event.
- Make sure you appoint assistant to plan for you! It might be parents friends or sisters but you should pick someone at the acutal location to be your point person.
- Each reception can be as formal or as relaxed as you would like. This is a great opportunity for photos in great outfits and other locations or childhood haunts. Be creative and have fun! ( a photo barefoot by the fishing hole you grew up by might be a great moment to share! )
- Be clear about size, length of time and activites so there are no surprise. If you don’t plan, you plan to fail.